Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5th Grade Reactions to the 7 Habits

My fifth graders have been writing about their reactions to the 7 habits.   Here are some quotes from my students.

I think the 7 Habits can really help me in life, especially Habit 1 - Be Proactive.  I think I blame things on people so I don't get in trouble.  I think I need to start being able to handle consequences.  I also am going to set a goal to not gossip about people at all because I don't like to, and  I need to figure out how to stop.
 
After hearing about the 7 Habits, I realize that I do everything wrong, no joke!  I like and respect the Habits, I think it is very neat that we learn about them.  It will truly be life changing!  The Leader in Me is stepping out!  All of this will lead me to become a successful, loyal friend and person. Thanks!

I loved learning about the 7 Habits.  It was very interesting.  I liked it because I am going to focus more on my goals in life.  I hope that I no longer do my old "bad" habits. It was interesting to learn about "good" habits you can have that you don't even know about.

I like the 7 Habits more than Character Counts because it is easier to understand.  They are verbs and help me know what to do to be successful.  I think it will help improve my behavior, and it will help people throughout their life.

Jill Rogers
5th Grade Teacher
Oak Grove School

No comments:

Post a Comment