Thursday, January 27, 2011

Learning from other Schools

In my journey to learn about The Leader in Me, I have been anxious to talk with people at other schools to find out if this is "real".  There is very little happening in our area.  Though my own research on the internet, I came up with email addresses of principals who are implementing the program in their schools.   All nine of the principals responded back to me with detailed sharing.  The common theme I heard from all of them was, "The Leader in Me is the best thing I have done in my career.  We are developing the school I always dreamed was possible."  I asked to visit three of the schools on ridiculously short notice and they all agreed.  This seems like more that a coincidence to me. I have come to the conclusion that all of these principals are "walking the talk".  They are "leaving a legacy".  They want to help all children reach their full potential and that includes the children at Oak Grove School.

No comments:

Post a Comment